You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Diving how much is it
For all budgets
How much does scuba diving cost?
A very appropriate question before you venture there...
To begin, you have to understand that there are two types of beginners. There are those who just want to try diving in the pool to know if they are going to like it, and there are those who already know that they like and want to go straight to PADI Open Water training..
For people who just want to try diving, it's the Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) program. EPSO offers the best DSD programs and you can find the information HERE.
You belong to the second category of people who are ready for adventure? Here's how it works with EPSO.
First, congratulations! You have just made a decision that will change your outlook on our lakes, rivers and oceans and it will change your life!
You must be in good health (without serious complications) and be at least 10 years old. You don't have to be a great swimmer but you have to be humble and accept that you are not a fish! ;)
What will I do in my training?
EPSO offers PADI training, the largest international agency among all. Here is the course format by EPSO, you will need to perform the following steps:
Well! How much does it ultimately cost?
- The first part consists of paying the theoretical part online. This part costs $244 and is available directly on PADI.com or in store.
- The insurance costs for your complete training are $35. This fee is necessary to cover the insurance costs of the professionals accompanying you.
- The material costs for the pros who accompany you are $82. This covers the expenses of air, accessories and first aid kits that will accompany your training team throughout your training.
- For the certification part, the instructor fee is $80 and if you don't have your own equipment, the rental fee is $120 for the full certification weekend.
So the price of training for a student who buys his complete equipment will be $606 + taxes.
The price of a complete training with rental equipment included will be $816 + taxes.
You must also own your basic equipment which consists of mask, fins and snorkel. We require that you already have your equipment because in scuba diving, comfort is essential. Imagine the disaster if you arrive at the pool the first night and your mask is the wrong size. You will then slow down the group because your mask will take on water and you will hate your experience.
Tastes are not to be discussed and this equipment is very personal. Especially since COVID-19.
If you have demonstrated an interest in diving, it is because you have a natural attraction for water and this basic equipment will also serve you for snorkeling or free diving in your travels or hobbies. Don't be the individual who disappoints your diving colleagues because you don't have the right equipment. You don't have to buy this equipment from EPSO, but if you do, you get a 15% discount in store on all equipment purchased during your training. We are here to advise you in choosing the right equipment. Costco, walmart and company are not specialized for diving. Avoid buying twice! Not having the proper gear put you and your buddies in a potential danger.
In short, diving is a sport that requires monetary and personal investment. If you're not ready to make those commitments, maybe diving wasn't the best choice. We prefer to warn you before starting. We are passionate people who want your safety above all else!
Are there any other fees to consider?
Here are the options offered during your training:
- FQAS Card (This card allows you to dive in Quebec) - $ 20
- If you are having difficulty requiring more pool sessions, allow $ 50 per pool session. You will have a Divemaster with you to refine your exercises. It is rather rare to see this situation, but some more demanding divers sometimes ask to practice a little more before certification. Don't be shy, come play in the water and be even more efficient during your certification!
Is it refundable?
Once you start training, you can no longer be reimbursed. If you have not started your training, we can reimburse you for part of it, as the books are non-refundable. Take the time to make a thoughtful decision.